Why stock Marshfield
- We’re more than just a brand. Our ice creams and sorbets are made on a working family farm in the Cotswolds. Every process from cow through to cone is carried out on the farm itself – that’s something very few ice cream companies can say.
- We've been making gorgeous dairy ice creams for nearly 30 years, so we know a thing or two about what makes a great tasting flavour. We produce nearly 30 flavours of ice cream and six flavours of sorbet.
- Our farm is fully organic and we are Soil Association approved. We endeavour to be as self-sufficient as possible. Take a look at some of the green measures we’ve adopted on the farm by clicking here.
- Around 50% of every tub is made up of super fresh organic milk produced on our farm. We have our own herd of 250 Friesian cows that are milked twice a day, 365 days of the year. The milking parlour is just metres across the farmyard from the ice creamery – so the end product couldn’t be much fresher! You won’t find us using skimmed milk powder in our ice cream as others do.
- We select our ingredients carefully and locally. 70% of our ingredients are within a 50-mile radius of the farm. For instance, our brownie pieces are provided by Marshfield Bakery, which is just down the road.
- Every ingredient in our ice creams and sorbets is natural. We use real vanilla, real fruits and proper chocolate. You won’t find artificial flavourings, colourings or preservatives in any of our products.
- All our products are suitable for vegetarians. Most are gluten free and all are GM free.
- Our products are award winning. 12 Marshfield products have won in the prestigious Great Taste Awards and five have won a Taste of the West Award. Our Blackcurrants in Clotted Cream ice cream won the Best Ice Cream award in the whole of the South West. In 2012, we were shortlisted for a BBC Radio 4 Food & Farming Award. We’ve also had some great accolades from the press. Take a look at our awards and some of the comments from the press here.
- We have hundreds of food service customers who see us as a unique dessert concept. No other ice is quite like Marshfield.
- Our hygiene standards are impeccable.
- We create wonderful, bespoke point of sale for our customers to help them really maximise sales. Some are free and some are charged. Visit our Point of sale page for full details of all we can offer.
- We offer special prices on freezers to retailers and caterers. Our custom freezers are really eye-catching. Please visit our Freezers page for our full choice of freezer options.
- We offer distribution all over the UK.
- Our products are great value thanks to the low overhead costs of a family business that owns its farm and its factory.
We are proud to belong to the following bodies: Ice Cream Alliance, Taste of the West, The Guild of Fine Food and the Soil Association.
For more information, or to order, please contact Kerry on 01225 891 221 or fill out an enquiry form.